If you are you looking for a tree change and joining a safe and friendly country community offering excellent educational facilities - including; two public primary schools and one private primary school, public High School, and Red Bend Catholic College a co-educational high school?
Forbes is a town in the Central West of New South Wales, located on the Newell Highway between Parkes and West Wyalong; about 380 kilometres west of Sydney. Forbes is situated on the banks of the Lachlan River boasting a growing population of 7,000. The district is a cropping area where wheat and similar crops are grown. Nearby towns within 1.5 hour's drive include Parkes, Cowra, Orange and Dubbo.
The Forbes Services Memorial Club operates a busy bistro, cafe and functions department led by our Head Chef and supported by 1 qualified, 1 apprentice chef and kitchen-hand staff. The club is located within one block of the towns centre, providing a range of services to its 6,000 members throughout the Forbes and surrounding district.
We are now seeking to appoint an experienced fully qualified SOUS CHEF, to assist the Head Chef in running our busy A La Carte menu whilst dealing with challenges in a calm, encouraging and positive way. We are seeking a Chef that is willing to grow with our business as it continues to grow each year, a leader, a teacher, who has the ability and desire to take the club’s catering department and its staff to the next level, in both catering offerings and service.
The Chef we are seeking is someone with a driven attitude to deliver outstanding food for our bistro, cafe and functions. The successful applicant will lead by example, with hands-on role in the kitchen whilst ensuring the continuous implementation of policies and procedures to ensure an efficient and effective catering operation.
The person we are seeking must be;
• Must Be a qualified Chef holding a minimum Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
•Must be able the thrive in a fast paced A la Carte kitchen environment with char grill experience producing 300 to 500 meals per day
* Must be a very goodcommunicator (English language)
* Must be Willing to grow with our Head Chef to produce quality dining experience
• Must be reliable
The person we are seeking must have;
• Must have a minimum of 10 years experience
* Must have strong function experience
* Must have a passion and flair for food
• Must have a strong food knowledge
• Must have an eye for detail
• Must have the desire to deliver the highest quality of food preparation and presentation standards
• Must have strong leadership and mentoring skills
• Must have previous experience managing and working closely a small team
• Must have experience in ordering and dealing with suppliers
• Must have a sound knowledge of hygiene and WHS principles and HACCP
• Must have an Australian Citizenship OR have Rights to work in Australia
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting the Head Chef in achieving and maintaining Key Performance Indicators
• Overseeing kitchen in the daily food preparation and production for all catering and function outlets meeting the clubs quality
• Ensuring stock control and rotation policies are developed and adhered to
• Providing training and advice to other Chefs, apprentices and kitchen hands
• Good Salary package ($70,600 gross) + Superannuation
* 5 Weeks Annual Leave
• Additional Roster Day Off per month
* Rental, gas and electricity assistance negotiable to the right candidate
The position will be performance based with the successful applicant commencing employment for a 90 day probationary period. The Sous Chef’s work performance will be assessed throughout the 90 days probationary period
Applicants should download and complete our Application of Employment Form and forward it along with their professional resume, giving details of background and experience and three current employment or character references to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Position Vacant - Sous Chef
PO Box 150
FORBES NSW 2871